Thursday, April 16, 2009

Razzaq blames PCB for ICL players' mess-up

Karachi: Experienced all-rounder Abdul Razzaq, who has expressed his desire to return to the national team, is aghast with the step-motherly attitude of the PCB towards the Indian Cricket League players and feels the board had complicated matters by consulting the ICC on the issue.

"There was no need to consult the International Cricket Council because I have ended my contract with the ICL so I don't see any problem if I want to play for my country again," Razzaq, who recently ended his contract with ICL to play for Pakistan, said.

"I just feel that the Pakistan Cricket Board has complicated matters by approaching the ICC for advise," he added.

He said it was not an easy decision for him to end his contract with the ICL but he did it on the advise of Pakistan captain Younis Khan.

"And also because I am very keen to represent my country once again," he added.

However, the ICL organisers are yet to confirm about the termination of Pakistani players' contracts.

No comments: